Welcome to Operational Excellence and Assessment Support (OEAS) at
the University of Central Florida.
The mission of the UCF Office of Operational Excellence and Assessment Support (OEAS)
is to support efforts to improve the quality of student learning outcomes and the
effectiveness and efficiency of University operations through assessment and analytics.
OEAS will accomplish this by providing support to all academic programs and administrative
units through integrated processes that include continuous quality improvement, analytical
and survey studies, technology integration and guidance in assessment.
The primary goal of the UCF Office of Operational Excellence and Assessment Support
is to develop and maintain the capability to conduct assessments, surveys, and process
analyses to support the assessment and process improvement needs of academic programs
and administrative units. Specific types of capabilities include:
- Developing and implementing assessment plans
- Designing, conducting, and analyzing surveys, and disseminating survey
- Developing and tracking performance measures to support strategic planning,
regional accreditation, program reviews, and accountability
- Conducting process analyses to improve the operational performance
in all functions of the University
This goal and the specific goals described to the right support the University's
goals of achieving the best undergraduate education available in Florida, achieving
international prominence in key programs of graduate study and research, providing
an international focus to curricula and research programs, becoming more inclusive
and diverse, and becoming America's leading partnership university.
The Vision for the UCF Office of Operational Excellence and Assessment Support is
to become the best administrative unit in the Florida State University System that
provides assessment and process improvement support to academic and administrative
Specific goals include
- Assessment - OEAS will have the capability to provide adequate support
to monitor the institutional effectiveness process and assist academic and administrative
units in developing and implementing assessment plans.
- Strategic Planning - OEAS will have the capability to provide adequate
support to monitor the status of strategic planning and assist units in developing
strategic plans and monitoring progress toward goals.
- Accountability and Efficiency Measures - OEAS will have the capability
to assist in the development of useful accountability measures and measures of operational
efficiency; and the development of a reporting mechanism to provide timely feedback
to departments and units.
- Program Accreditation - OEAS will have the capability to assist academic
programs in developing and implementing self studies and assessment plans to support
- University-level Surveys - OEAS will develop and maintain a high level
of capability to design, distribute and analyze university-level surveys and provide
timely and useful feedback to academic and administrative units.
- Ad Hoc Surveys - OEAS will develop and maintain adequate capability
to support the needs of administrative and academic units for specialized surveys
by providing consultation on survey design and analysis.
- Process Analysis - OEAS will develop and maintain a high level of capability
to assist administrative and academic units with analyzing their processes and operations
to identify improvement opportunities.
- Special Studies - OEAS will develop and maintain adequate capability
to assist the Administration with special studies related to operational excellence,
assessment, performance measurement, and other topics.