The mission of the UCF Office of Operational Excellence and Assessment Support (OEAS)
is to support efforts to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of University
operations and the quality of student learning outcomes through assessment. OEAS
will accomplish this by providing support to all administrative units and academic
programs through integrated processes that include continuous quality improvement,
survey development, data collection, analysis, and guidance in assessment.
The Vision for the UCF Office of Operational Excellence and Assessment Support is
to become the best administrative unit in the Florida State University System that
provides assessment and process improvement support to academic and administrative
The primary goal of the UCF Office of Operational Excellence and Assessment Support
is to develop and maintain the capability to conduct assessments, surveys, and process
analyses to support the assessment and process improvement needs of academic programs
and administrative units. Specific types of capabilities include:
- Designing, conducting, and analyzing surveys, and disseminating survey results
- Developing and implementing assessment plans
- Conducting process analyses to improve the operational performance in all functions
of the University
- Developing and tracking performance measures to support strategic planning, regional
accreditation, program reviews, and accountability
This goal and the specific goals described below support the University's goals
of achieving the best undergraduate education available in Florida, achieving international
prominence in key programs of graduate study and research, providing an international
focus to curricula and research programs, becoming more inclusive and diverse, and
becoming America's leading partnership university.
Specific goals include:
- Assessment - OEAS will have the capability to provide adequate support to monitor
the institutional effectiveness process and assist academic and administrative units
in developing and implementing assessment plans.
- Department Performance Review - OEAS, working with the Assessment and Planning Office
of Student Development and Enrollment Services (SDES), will have the capability
to provide an integrative process for reviewing departments from strategic, operational,
and quality service perspectives, and support their reviews.
- Strategic Planning - OEAS will have the capability to provide adequate support to
monitor the status of strategic planning and assist units in developing strategic
plans and monitoring progress toward goals.
- Accountability and Efficiency Measures - OEAS will have the capability to assist
in the development of useful accountability measures and measures of operational
efficiency; and the development of a reporting mechanism to provide timely feedback
to departments and units.
- Program Accreditation - OEAS will have the capability to assist academic programs
in developing and implementing self studies and assessment plans to support program
- University-level Surveys - OEAS will develop and maintain a high level of capability
to design, distribute and analyze university-level surveys and provide timely and
useful feedback to academic and administrative units.
- Ad Hoc Surveys - OEAS will develop and maintain adequate capability to support the
needs of administrative and academic units for specialized surveys by providing
consultation on survey design and analysis.
- Process Analysis - OEAS will develop and maintain a high level of capability to
assist administrative and academic units with analyzing their processes and operations
to identify improvement opportunities.
- Special Studies - OEAS will develop and maintain adequate capability to assist the
Administration with special studies related to operational excellence, assessment,
performance measurement, and other topics.
Integral to this mission is the staff of OEAS:
Dr. Patrice Lancey, Director
Dr. Divya Bhati, Associate Director
Uday Nair, Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer
Carlos Martinez, Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer
Rachel Straney, Coordinator, Management Analysis
Cathy Lewis, Office Manager
To view links related to the mission of OEAS, click here.
To view presentations and reports in support of UCF and the OEAS mission, please