The mission of the UCF Office of Operational Excellence and Assessment Support (OEAS) is to support efforts to improve the quality of student learning outcomes and the effectiveness and efficiency of University operations through assessment and analytics. OEAS will accomplish this by providing support to all academic programs and administrative units through integrated processes that include continuous quality improvement, analytical and survey studies, technology integration and guidance in assessment.
The Vision for the UCF Office of Operational Excellence and Assessment Support is to become the best administrative unit in the Florida State University System that provides assessment and process improvement support to academic and administrative units.
The primary goal of the UCF Office of Operational Excellence and Assessment Support is to develop and maintain the capability to conduct assessments, surveys, and process analyses to support the assessment and process improvement needs of academic programs and administrative units. Specific types of capabilities include:
- Developing and implementing assessment plans
- Designing, conducting, and analyzing surveys, and disseminating survey results
- Developing and tracking performance measures to support strategic planning, regional accreditation, program reviews, and accountability
- Conducting process analyses to improve the operational performance in all functions of the University
This goal and the specific goals described below support the University's goals of achieving the best undergraduate education available in Florida, achieving international prominence in key programs of graduate study and research, providing an international focus to curricula and research programs, becoming more inclusive and diverse, and becoming America's leading partnership university.
- Assessment - OEAS will have the capability to provide adequate support to monitor the institutional effectiveness process and assist academic and administrative units in developing and implementing assessment plans.
- Strategic Planning - OEAS will have the capability to provide adequate support to monitor the status of strategic planning and assist units in developing strategic plans and monitoring progress toward goals.
- Accountability and Efficiency Measures - OEAS will have the capability to assist in the development of useful accountability measures and measures of operational efficiency; and the development of a reporting mechanism to provide timely feedback to departments and units.
- Program Accreditation - OEAS will have the capability to assist academic programs in developing and implementing self-studies and assessment plans to support program accreditation.
- University-level Surveys - OEAS will develop and maintain a high level of capability to design, distribute and analyze university-level surveys and provide timely and useful feedback to academic and administrative units.
- Ad Hoc Surveys - OEAS will develop and maintain adequate capability to support the needs of administrative and academic units for specialized surveys by providing consultation on survey design and analysis.
- Special Studies - OEAS will develop and maintain adequate capability to assist leadership with special studies related to operational excellence, assessment, performance measurement, and other topics.